DEAR RENTER, please be advised that per the terms of your lease:
13. CONDITION OF PREMISES: Tenant agrees to accept Premises and all furnishings and appliances therein as being in good and satisfactory condition—unless a written statement of any defects is delivered to Landlord/Agent within three (3) days after Tenant takes possession.
14. USE OF APPLIANCES, EQUIPMENT, SYSTEMS, OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY: Tenant agrees that all appliances, equipment, systems, and other personal property of Owner located on Premises shall be maintained in good repair and operation by Tenant and at Tenant’s expense for maintenance and repairs that are a result of Tenant abuse, misuse or neglect, or according to terms stated elsewhere in this Agreement. Tenant requested service calls that are determined to have been unnecessary because the serviceperson determined that the appliance, equipment or system was performing within normal limits, or because nothing was wrong related to the requested service call, shall be Tenant expense and Tenant shall reimburse Landlord immediately upon demand. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO TRIPPED BREAKERS.
15. GENERAL TENANT OBLIGATIONS—TENANT AGREES TO AND SHALL:
(a) Comply with all obligations imposed upon Tenants by applicable provisions of building, housing, and health codes.
(b) Keep Premises which Tenant occupies clean and sanitary.
(c) Remove from dwelling unit all garbage in a clean and sanitary manner.
(d) Keep all plumbing fixtures in Premises or used by Tenant clean and sanitary and in repair.
(e) Use and operate in a reasonable, safe manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and any other facilities and appliances.
(f) Not destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of Premises or property belonging to Owner, nor permit any other person to do so.
(g) Conduct him/herself in a manner that does not unreasonably disturb the neighbors or constitute a breach of the peace, and require other persons on Premises with Tenant’s consent to conduct themselves in the same manner.
(h) Permit Owner or Owner’s agent to enter Premises upon reasonable notice and at a reasonable time as defined by Florida Statutes 83.53 in order to inspect Premises; make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, or improvements; supply agreed services; or exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, Tenants, workmen/women, or contractors. Owner or Owner’s agent may enter the dwelling unit at any time for the protection or preservation of Premises.
(i) Abide by all governing laws and ordinances and shall not commit or permit any illegal acts upon Premises. No grilling allowed on covered porches.
(j) Abide by all rules and regulations of applicable Homeowner’s Association or Condominium Association currently in effect or that may be adopted during the term of this Agreement or any extensions.
(k) Not permit any unusual or objectionable odors to permeate or emanate from Premises.
(l) Sixty (60) days prior to lease end, the Tenant will allow showing of the home to prospective renters/buyers, unless the home is for sale, prior to lease end.
(m) Tenant understands that any repairs that need to be done on the property, under $75.00 will be the responsibility of the tenant. Such repairs shall include, but are not limited to: smoke detector batteries, light bulbs etc…
18. CASUALTY DAMAGE, REPAIRS, MAINTENANCE, and ALTERATIONS: Owner shall be responsible for repairs to the structural parts of and major systems in Premises. However, repairs required because of abuse, misuse, neglect, or damage caused by Tenant, occupants, guests, family members, or any other persons related to or affiliated in any way with Tenant, shall be the responsibility of Tenant. However, said repairs shall be subject to prior written approval of Landlord/Agent, except in case of an emergency. Tenant may not hire vendors to perform any work on Premises without prior written approval from Landlord/Agent and all such vendors must be properly licensed and insured. All such repairs, maintenance, alterations, additions or improvements to Premises shall remain on Premises after the termination of this Agreement and shall inure to the benefit of Owner without reimbursement to Tenant. Tenant shall otherwise maintain Premises in good condition and repair. Tenant shall not make or permit to be made any alterations, additions, improvements, redecorating or changes in or to Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord/Agent.
(a) Damage by persons: Should Tenant, members of Tenant’s household, Tenant’s occupants, guests, servants, invitees, or any other persons related to or affiliated in any way with Tenant cause damage to Premises, Landlord/Agent may, at Landlord’s option, repair Premises and Tenant shall pay for all expenses related to such repair on demand, or Landlord/Agent may require Tenant to make necessary repairs according to this Agreement and all such repairs shall be at Tenant’s sole expense.
(b) Casualty damage, mold and mildew, and termination of tenancy: In the event that for any reason Premises is condemned by any governmental authority, or is damaged through fire, act of God, nature, accident, or for any other reason the habitability of Premises is substantially impaired, including but not limited to the possibility that in Landlord’s sole judgment Landlord/Agent believes that either there is mold or mildew present in Premises that may pose a safety or health hazard to Tenant or other persons and/or Tenant actions or inactions may be causing a condition that is conducive to mold or mildew presence, Landlord may, at Landlord’s sole option, terminate this Agreement and require Tenant to vacate Premises, and Tenant shall hold Landlord/Agent harmless for any damages including but not limited to consequential damages suffered, if any.
(c) Painting: Except as hereinafter provided, Tenant shall not paint Premises. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Tenant may do touch-up painting, subject to the following: i. Tenant shall get prior permission in writing from Landlord/Agent. Tenant shall use only paint provided for or approved by Landlord, which Landlord may provide or approve upon Tenant’s written request. ii. If Tenant leaves blemishes, spills or splatters paint, or otherwise does the touch-up paint job in a manner that Landlord/Agent judges, in Landlord’s sole discretion, to be unsatisfactory, Tenant shall be responsible for Landlord’s/Agent’s costs and damages to repair and restore Premises as much as possible, within reason, to its original condition.
(d) Smoking: No smoking allowed on premises. Any damage caused by or related to cigarette, pipe, or cigar smoking, or any tobacco or other smoking product, or the burning of candles or incense, shall not constitute ordinary wear and tear. Landlord/Agent may deduct from Tenant’s security deposit for all damages and/or costs for the cleaning or repairing of any damage caused by or related to any tobacco product, candles, or incense, including but not limited to: cleaning and/or repairing/replacing HVAC system (heating, ventilating, air conditioning), deodorizing Premises, sealing and painting the walls and ceiling, and repairing or replacing the carpet and/or pads. Should cost for such damages exceed the security deposit Tenant agrees to reimburse Landlord/Agent immediately upon demand for all such damages.
(e) Maintenance that is a Tenant responsibility includes but is not limited to: i. HVAC system: Cleaning of the HVAC system (heating, ventilating, air conditioning) and replacing filters. Filters should be replaced/serviced monthly. System maintenance or repair resulting from abuse, misuse or neglect by Tenant is the responsibility of Tenant. ii. Plumbing: Plumbing repairs caused by Tenant’s abuse, misuse or neglect. iii. Doors, glass, screens: Repair or replacement of doorstops, broken glass, damaged screens including screen doors and storm doors caused by Tenant’s abuse, misuse or neglect is the responsibility of the Tenant.
SPECIAL CONDITION PROPERTIES,
If you have rented a home with “SPECIAL CONDITIONS”, Per the terms of your lease:
The Landlord shall pay for and secure a warranty with Old Republic Warranty or AHS(American Home Shield). After “move-in” should Tenant have any issues, then Tenant’s are to:
1. Submit a Repair Request at www.APlusRents.com
2. Call the 800 number provided and are to schedule with Old Republic Warranty or AHS(American Home Shield) and put in a service call for someone to be dispatched to evaluate and repair the issue. Tenant shall be responsible for the $ 75.00 service fee that will apply to service calls.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
· It is Renter/Tenant responsibility, if garbage disposal has broken, due to too much food being thrown in it or if sinks are clogged due to hair. If your AC is NOT working; please make sure that you have replaced the Filter. A dirty or clogged filter can cause the AC to not operate and increase your electric bill. If a clogged filter is found, cleaning of the unit can be upwards of $250, charged to you. Filters must be checked/replaced MONTHLY.
· There will be a $50 service charge to the Renter/Tenant if found that the repair is the Renter/Tenant’s responsibility.
· EMERGENCIES: SEND TEXT: DIAL 911 for life threatening issues, Arnold 407-729-5663 or OR CALL 407-557-8929.
· NOTE: By continuing, you are acknowledging that according to your lease, you MIGHT be responsible for payment of repairs.
CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE (you will be redirected to the Resident Portal, where you can submit a WORK ORDER)